In this article:
Need to make an update to the IP address on your Virtual DNS?
These instructions will provide you with the steps to update the proper sections.
- Login to your TierraNet account by clicking here.
- Once you are logged in, hover over the Domains tab at the top of your account and click 'Register Nameservers'
- In the Nameserver Management page, click Edit to the right of the Nameserver you would like to edit.
- The Nameserver will populate under 'Manage Existing Nameserver'. You can then replace the IP address with the updated information and click 'Update Nameserver'.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for any additional Nameservers you may need to update.
Once that is completed, you will need to update the DNS records.
- While in your account, hover over the DNS tab and select 'DNS Home'.
- Click the dropdown menu under Select Domain To Manage, and select the domain you wish to edit.
- Since Hosting type DNS records can't be modified, you will need to add an 'A' type record to override the existing record.
- Click the Add button next to 'Add Records for'
- In the Host column, enter the Nameserver name (e.g. NS1.DOMAIN.COM)
- In the IP Address column, enter the updated IP address and click Add at the bottom of the page.