If your WordPress site is pulling up a blank page, you're most likely looking at a commonly known problem called the "WordPress White Screen of Death."
PHP Version Issue:
It is possible your WordPress plugins aren't compatible with PHP version 8.1. Please start by downgrading your PHP version to a lower version:
- Logging into your TierraNet Control Panel.
- Hover your cursor over 'Hosting' on the control panel, then click on Hosting Home.
- You should see your domain name highlighted in yellow.
- If you have multiple domains, please click on the drop-down menu after "Hosting service for:" and click "GO" once you have selected the correct domain name.
- Click on the blue hyperlink that reads "PHP Version."
- You can also click on the "EDIT" button.
- Under PHP Version, select the drop-down menu for the proper domain name and select any of the PHP versions 7.X(7.2,7.3,7.4), and click on the "MAKE CHANGES" button.
- Open a new tab on your browser and try to visit your site. If the site loads, you will need to update your WordPress plugins, then upgrade your PHP version to 8.1 again following these same steps.
- Please be advised that any sites using PHP version 7.2 or 7.3 after November 30th, 2022, or 7.4 after January 31st, 2023 will be subject to rate increases as a direct result of maintaining additional servers with increased security risks. It is recommended that PHP versions 7.2 and 7.3 no longer be used now, and version 7.4 no longer be used after November 28, 2022. TierraNet will not assume liability for sites utilizing PHP versions beyond their end of life.
- If your site does not load, please follow the same steps to change between the 7.X versions until your site loads.
If you were unsuccessful in loading the site after following the steps above, you can order a "Full Backup" or "Assisted data restore." You can order a restore by following the instructions here:
How to Order a Site Backup/Restore?
You can also visit this WordPress Article for more information on how to fix the "White Screen of Death".