DNS management is a free service that is included when your domain name is registered with TierraNet and using our default nameservers. If/when that domain is moved or deleted the DNS records must be removed from the server to avoid billing for DNS service.
Why do these records stay in the account?
When transferring your domain away, the nameservers that are attached to your domain are not always updated. DNS stays in the account in case customers, do intend to manage their DNS services with Tierranet and aren't automatically deleted. We do not delete DNS records automatically because our system does not have a way to recognize that a domain has pointed its nameservers away after transferring, and to prevent possible disruption of services, we leave the DNS records on file.
To cancel this service please do the following:
- Log in to your TierraNet account
- Click on DNS at the top of the page
- Select the domain(s) one by one from the drop-down menu and click go
- On the right of the domain name, click the trashcan icon to remove these records from the server
- Once the DNS records are deleted from the account, you will no longer be billed for this service
If you need assistance in deleting these records, please Contact Customer Support.
NOTE: For any domains that have active hosting services, make sure the nameservers aren't pointing to TierraNet before deleting DNS records. These nameservers might include either Tierra.net (NS1.Tierra.net and NS2.Tierra.net) or DomainDiscover (NS1.DomainDiscover.com and NS2.DomainDiscover.com) in the name .
Please sign in to leave a comment.