A One-Page Website is a free Value Added Service you can use for any of the domains registered with TierraNet. As long as your Nameservers are pointing to TierraNet, you can use this free service. It's perfect for customers who are looking for creating a super simple website without hosting.
To get started, you will need to get to your Value Added Services:
Once logged into your account, click on the Domains navigation tab and then select the '+' symbol to the left of the domain you wish to update. 2 panels will load with current domain settings/options.
On the right-hand side, click the Edit Button to the right of Web Service. Optionally, if you are looking to set multiple domains with the same value-added service, click the (additional domains...) link and highlight the desired domains. Once highlighted, move them to the Selected Domains box to the right, by clicking the right move arrow.
- Select the dial to the left of the desired value-added service, and then insert the additional information needed, if applicable.
One-page websites have a few options to customize your website a bit:
- The first option you have is "Display my contact information." Please click on the check mark box in order to activate this option. The system will prompt you to fill out the information you would like to display:
Country: Name*: Company: Address*: Address, line 2: City*: State/Province: Zip/postal code: Phone*: Fax: Email address*: Secondary email address:
- The information will appear in the simple text on your one-page website. If you added an image to the site, it will appear at the base of your image.
- Next, you can add a tagline: This is also a simple line of text that you can consider like the Title, Subtitle, or Intro of your site.
- You can upload several types of documents, including .jpg, .png, .pdf, etc...
- This is great if you have a logo. you would like to present for your site or if you have a PDF pre-built with the necessary information. Please note that it must be under 500 KB.
- Pick a foreground and background color!
- The foreground color will determine the color of the text you will be using.
- The background color determines the color at the back of the page. It is typically best to choose a color that contrasts your letters for visibility.
- Enter the text for your site. You can also include links and HTML up to 25KB.
- Lastly, you can choose a layout for your site. We only have a few options as far as the layout is concerned:
No layout (Text only)
- Please choose a layout in accordance with your preference.
- Click Preview Changes on the lower right, and confirm the change on the next screen.
- You will see a short summary or rough draft of your site and click Confirm Changes in the lower right corner.
Congrats! You have now built your one-page site!