To turn auto-renew on or off for a domain name, please log in to your TierraNet account. Once logged in follow this process:
1. Hover your cursor over the Domains tab and select Domains Home from the dropdown menu. This will bring you to our domain services page. If a domain is on auto-renew, you will see two arrows in a circle next to the expiration date.
2. To the left of your domain name click the (+) to expand the field. Look for the box that says Renewal Method with a gray button to the right that either says 'Auto' or 'Notify'. Here's what each option means:
- Auto means that we will automatically renew your domain(s) in one-year increments, approximately 30 days before they expire. Please note that you must have an active credit card on file in order to automatically renew your domains. This article walks you through updating your payment information.
- Notify means we will notify you by email prior to your domain’s expiration and give you the opportunity to renew it.
3. To change the setting, click on the gray button.
4. Select the renewal preference you desire and click on Preview Changes. Verify the information is correct and then click on Confirm Changes.
Please note, even though a domain is not set for auto-renewal, we are required by ICANN to send out Domain Expiration/Renewal Notices that start 60-days before expiration. If you wish to let the domain expire, please disregard any future emails.