You're looking to puchase an SSL certificate for your website but are overwhlemed by the different types of certificates that we offer.
TierraNet currently offers the following certificates:
Extended Validation (EV SSL)
- Highest-ranking and most expensive type of SSL certificate.
- It tends to be used for high-profile websites which collect data and involve online payments.
- Validation requires the website owner must go through a standardized identity verification process to confirm they are authorized legally to the exclusive rights to the domain.
- SSL certificate displays the padlock, HTTPS, name of the business, and country on the browser address bar.
Organization Validated (OV SSL)
- Substantial Validation Process
- This type of certificate also displays the website owner's information in the address bar to distinguish it from malicious sites.
- Primarily encrypts the user's sensitive information during transactions.
- This type of certificate is meant for Large and medium-sized businesses and nonprofits.
Domain Validated (DV SSL)
- This SSL certificate type is one of the least expensive and quickest to obtain.
- They tend to be used for blogs or informational websites – i.e., which do not involve data collection or online payments.
- The validation process for this type of SSL is the quickest and easiest using Email, DNS, or File(HTTP).
- The browser address bar only displays HTTPS and a padlock with no business name displayed.
TierraNet does not support multi-domain SSL certificates (SAN/UCC certificates).
Please sign in to leave a comment.