Frame Forwarding is a free Value Added Service for customers who have a domain pointing to our nameservers.
Similar to a 301 or 302 Redirect, Frame Forwarding is a method of redirecting website visitors to a different website address (URL) while keeping the original website's address in the browser's address bar.
For example, when you create a regular redirect from Example1.com to Example2.net, visitors who click on the link will see the content from Example2.net and the browser's address bar will show "Example2.net" as the URL.
However, with Frame Forwarding, visitors who click on the link will still see the content from Example2.net, but the browser's address bar will show "Example1.com" instead of "Example2.net".
Think of it like a magician's trick where the audience sees one thing, but something else is happening behind the scenes. Frame Forwarding is a useful tool for website owners who want to redirect visitors to a different URL without changing the appearance of their own website.
The instructions below will allow you to set up your domain for Frame Forwarding:
- Click on the DNS tab.
- Select DNS Home from the control panel.
- This will take you to the Manage DNS page, scroll to the bottom to Select Domain to manage and click Go
- This will take you to the Manage DNS page for the selected domain. (To delete a record, click the trashcan to the far right of the record)
- Scroll to the bottom to Add Records For and select Value Added Serice and click Add
- Once in the Value-Added Services select FrameForward(sm) my domain to an existing URL which will prompt a drop-down menu.
- Type in the domain name you would like to forward to in the "URL" blank text box.
- You also have 4 additional blank text boxes that are completely optional to complete.
- Finally, at the bottom click Preview Changes and then Confirm Changes